Thursday 8 May 2008

Questionnaire to end module

Age? - 22 Years
Sex? - Female
What is your degree subject (both if joint)?
Social Care and Early Childhood Studies

Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking?
It relate to my modules a little but not very much

If so, how? And if not, why not?
The module is mainly in regards to behaviour which links with Social Care and Early Childhood Studies by the behaviour or children and service users. It does not relate a great deal but I think that it was an interesting module to take. It can help me to think about the behaviour individuals’ show towards others.

Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level?
‘Being Bad’ was at an appropriate level, I don’t think that it was easy because the assignments I felt were a bit difficult, but it was not too hard to understand.

Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate?

It covered aspects of ‘being bad’. Everyone has their own opinions but I thought the topic were relevant. It can be difficult what to include as there are many aspects and factors associated with ‘being bad’

Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included?
I don’t think so. I think that the topics that we did cover were interesting to learn about, as there were some area and factors I would consider not to be bad.

Do you think that the format for classes has worked well?
Yes

What did you think of the module team?
The module team were interesting and put their topic across quite well to give their lecture.
Do you think it would have been better to have had more:

Small group discussions?
Discussion and debate among the class as a whole?
Information and talk from lecturers?

I think the way that we had lectures were fine, they were set out quiet well and covered quite interesting topics. I don’t think having more small group discussions would have made the module better because everyone has their own opinion and either they agree or disagree. If we had discussions and debates amongst the whole group I think that it may have caused problems because some people have very strong views. Some conversations may have become quite heated.

The information that lecturers did provide was relevant and appropriate to the session. We received the correct amount of information in each session that was relevant to the topic and that was at a suitable level for us to understand.

The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?
It is useful, as it encourages you to understand ‘being bad’ from different perspectives

Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea?

It is an interesting method to use to learn, however as it is linked with other subjects, maybe looking at a wider approach may be better.

Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module?
I think so, as it has helped me to understand the content in each session broken down and developed my knowledge.

Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter?
It would be an interesting topic to cover to improve everyone’s knowledge about behaviour.

Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2?
No, as it is not included in my module choices.

Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend?
Yes, as it was interesting to understand and see different aspects of bad behaviour,

Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea?
Each entry only took a few minutes and it also allows individuals to give their own opinion and feelings on the matters. They can also choose to evaluate their lecture describing what they thought. It is interesting to express your own and see others views of topics.

What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)?
Two shorter assessment means that I had more time to complete them and I enjoyed the style for example the short stories. I enjoyed making up a story, using one of the sentences as a basis to create a story. It was something different to what I appear to be doing all the time. I liked that style of assessment.

What have you learned from the module?
I have learnt that there are many aspects to ‘being bad’ than I thought and I think that it is an interesting module to take. It was interesting to see why some people think things are bad. Some of the topic’s you tend to forget or ignore that they are bad, however this module helped me to learn that there are more factors that are classed as ‘bad’. You don’t know really think about things that are ‘bad’, however the module has learnt me that I may ignore some things that happen but they are still there and sometime the after results are not good and can even have consequences

What parts of the module have you found most useful and why?
The lectures were useful because of the content of information. However I think that the assignments were more interesting because you had to research the topic to understand the factors involved in it.

What parts do you think were a waste of time and why?
I don’t really think that any of it was a waste of time. Some information I felt was not relevant to me personally but that just my opinion. Some of the topics were interesting, and maybe others found that they were not.

Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding ‘Being Bad’?
I think that ‘Being Bad’ was an interesting module to take and I am glad that I have done it. I was surprised some of the topics were included as I personally don’t see them as bad. I really enjoyed the module and the assignments, especially the short story. I thought that was really interesting to do. The module was interesting to see other’s thoughts and opinions on the matters.

No comments: